battery relocation

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 14:45:27 EDT

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 12:50 PM, JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:

> I installed an aftermarket 165 amp alt. when I did the Viper fan.
> It's a
> good time to upgrade your wiring and move the battery to the bed. It
> really
> cleans up the engine bay.

and you'll really regret it next time you need to haul a load of rock
or sod =)

> I ran 2 ga. from the alt to the PDC to the starter to
> the battery in the bed. Soldered all the terminals on and shrink
> wrapped them
> and also spliced and soldered the 10 ga. fusible link right before the
> PDC.
> Also added an additional grounding strap from the alternator to the
> frame.

sounds like a nice setup. did you do this strictly for weight/
appearance or did you have other reasons?

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
mobile.612.618.4652  campus.585.274.2246  fax.954.697.0487