Re: Closed Loop Test

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@datastar.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 23:18:28 EDT

Did you also log rpm, map, coolant temp, and most important A/F (prob
via O2 voltage)? My guess is that a timer is involved both in cold
start and warm/hot start. I'd guess the cold start timer were a bit
longer but both well within the OBDII spec for how soon to go into
closed loop. I'm guessing the way the timer is used is by watching the
O2 voltage for when it moves off of full rich and crosses the 0.45V
threshold, and if the timer expires before this crossing, then flag an
O2 sensor MIL else go into closed loop when it crosses.

Thats my guess - thanks for playing 8) hopefully we'll all learn something.

Shane