Re: Viper Fan

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 02:39:57 EDT

You might be able to re use the shroud. I also removed the brace from the
top of the radiator cross member that angles down to the sides. I mounted
the fan back away from the radiator to allow better air flow through out the
radiator surface. Yea; I did seal around the top, sides and bottom to get
the full pull of the air though the radiator.

Just for the record, I have a 2000 4.7L. I'm happy with the install and the
performance of the Viper Fan. I just need to redo the windshield washer set
up. it work fine but just looks
jury rigged.

On the lighter side of all this information swapping.... I have a few of the
younger teens in the apartments I live in thinking I have a TURBO BLOWER
under the hood. They came up with term "TURBO BLOWER" just from the sound of
the viper fan!

--
Don Mallett