Re: RE: Viper Fan

From: Quintin (sauerquint@gci.net)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 03:39:48 EDT

OK, what is a PDC please?

""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:000101c36d51$ecaf8410$0200a8c0@sys15...
:
: You are very welcome Ken
:
: Rascal
:
: -----Original Message-----
: From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
: [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of dametalr
: Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 2:25 AM
: To: Dakota Mailing List
: Subject: DML: Viper Fan
:
: Good info and ideas stirred up here! I will be using it on my 99 CC that
: sees regular desert towing/hauling duty, and now has the added thermal
load
: of a turbo to deal with. Apparently there are Viper cats that have no
: cooling troubles with their high hp track toys- ok, so no stop n go. My
: recent research has turned up the figures of 2500 cfm at low speed and
4000
: cfm at high speed. Should be jus fine. I run an underdrive crank pulley
: and haven't had any juice problems, though I can imagine a 50amp surge
could
: dip the volts for a moment. Upgrading the alt to PDC and PDC to Batt
cable
: is a good idea (6ga up to 2 or 0ga)--you will be happy.
:
: Thanks for all of your responses (Rascal, your experience with the BM fan
is
: what I had remembered being talked about from some years ago--just couldnt
: quite keep up. Thanks for your response)
:
: Ken in Simi Valley, CA
: