Re: Re: Re: RE: Buying Used Dakotas

From: Mike Goodell (mikgoo@charter.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:35:41 EDT

""garett"" <hiltigarett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Law15-DAV56IzKxJHWU0000324b@hotmail.com...

> at least test drive it and a v8 to make sure. i have the 3.9 and its just
> 2wd and RC and i think its too slow. i use to have a 360 dak and that is
> what i am use to.

What kind of HP and torque does the 3.9 make for the
98model year? My LR has a 4.0 8cyl and it only makes
about 185 hp or so and that was new. After 73000 miles
I would imagine it is down from that. And that's a rig that
has a curb weight of 4500 lbs sitting empty with a tank of gas.
Add in the usual stuff that is carried in the rig, passengers, some
tools, straps & chain and other misc stuff and your up around
52-5300 lbs. How heavy is the Dak club cab 4x4?

--
Mike Goodell
mikgoo@charter.net