Useless Wind Tunnel Testing-was-Gas Mileage...97 CC

From: Chryguy (bert59000@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 17:46:00 EDT

Steve,

  Pretty funny...not accurate in ANY way...but funny
in a "The world is flat" sort of way.

  So what does convince you when your opinion is
wrong? Obviously not scientific fact.

  So your saying that wind tunnel testing is useless
in real life?
  How exactly does THAT work?
  The air in a wind tunnel is made of different
molecules?
  It's SPECIAL wind tunnel air?
  It's totally unlike regular(real)air?

   I'm thinkin'there's a whole lot of aerospace
engineers out there who would argue that with
you...but I don't think you'd listen.

  AND your sayin'the auto industry wates millions of
dollars a year wind tunnel testing new car designs?
 I don't know too many people who drive their CARS in
wind tunnels either,but it obviously makes a
difference or they would bother spending the
time/money.

  And then of course there's
NASCAR,NHRA,IHRA,CART,etc...can you IMAGINE how much
money all those people are wasting?
  You better contact them right away and tell them
they're all wasting time and money,because "they don't
drive in a wind tunnel"...right?

  I've been driving PU trucks for over 30yrs...and
yes,I've driven the SAME truck for over 10 yrs with
the gate down,and completely off for extended periods
of time(GASP!),and NO the bed didn't fall
apart....didn't even loosen-up. The bedsides are still
solid after 23 years.

  Oh well so much for that theory,huh?

  Matter of fact,I sold it early this year and depite
the fact that the new owner is beating the living crap
out of it,the bed STILL hasn't fallen off yet.
  I guess that would be "real-life" experience that
opposes your "theory",but I'm sure your still right...

  I haven't had a truck bed come apart yet,unless it
rusted...but you can hold YOUR breath and wait for it
to happen. I'll let you know...

  And to top it all off,I recorded a difference
running the same route day after day,gate up/gate
down...
  I've put 7K on this truck in the last 3 months
running the same route,over and over,gate up/gate
down,and THERE IS A DIFFERENCE...no matter what you
THINK.
  Again,real life PROOF...not your theory,or what
somebody told you.

  I really don't want to argue about this anymore.

  Believe what you want,I KNOW better...I use
scientific fact and data from personal testing to form
accurate,fact based opinions,and so do many of the
people on this list.

  Have fun in your world,and let me know if you ever
get to ours...

                       Chryguy