Re: RE: O/T, non Dak related

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 09:01:31 EDT

If you hadn't read the whole message, they are looking for an "American"
car... Jay, we have had the best luck with Pontiac Grand AM cars.. though
I couldnt get her into an Avenger, Stratus or Cirrus(she won't even look at
a neon). The '93 we had was an auto, 4dr 4cyl with A/C and rear defrost,
none of the conditions you talked about for the merc ever happened with it
or happened with the '99 GT she is now driving. That 4cyl has a 16 gal tank
and gets close to 400 miles a tank highway(350-375 in town) with the air on.
We drove that thing 2 years ago through the desert(on a 150,000 mile
odometer) without a care in the worl. The car still runs great today @ over
200,000 miles and still looks great. We were fortunate we did no wait till
'94 to buy it those models had the bad paint. Now we are even more pleased
with the GT. It has a 12 gal tank and averages 250-275 on the highway and
about 230 in town. Both are automatics btw.

Bill Day

billday@consolidated.net
AIM - BadManD73
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red