Re: Bought a New Truck

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 15:36:50 EDT

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 02:11 PM, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Farewell XJ, you served me well :-)
>
> Got a tow vehical for Christine now.
>
> 2001 Dodge Ram Sport Offroad 4x4
> Graphite Metallic
> Regular cab, short box
> 360 V8, auto tranny
> PL, PW, Pwr heated mirrors, AC, cruise, tilt, CD player, fog lights,
> drop in bed wrecker - I mean liner, tow package, skid plates, tow
> hooks, 4.10 rear gears with limited slip, 275/70/17 Badyear MT/R tires
> - about 30% tread left... 3 inch magnaflow catback (resonator - no
> muffler)

Sounds like a nice truck Tom. Enjoy!!

> I passed a Flatbed semi truck lastnight and he got on the CB and said
> that with his windows up, ac on, radio playing - he could still hear
> the exhaust as I rumbled by...

Be careful not attract too much attention from the law.

> NO this truck is NOT going in the mud at Daktoberfest! I have 5 years
> to pay on her and needed a co-signer inorder to get it. This truck has
> gotta last me a long time.

Yea, but you didn't say it wasn't going in the lake.........;-p

> Getting stranded at the BBQ this July illustrated just how necessary
> it is for me to have a means of getting home after wrecking Christine
> heh.
>
> *DAMN* Its good to be behind the wheel of a Dodge again.
>
> --
> ------
> Terrible Tom

Again, enjoy the truck and after reading about your aftermath the last
couple of years I too am glad that you got a good tow vehicle. Treat it
well.

Jeff Durling