Re: New Law in Texas

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 23:20:39 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> Valentin Garcia wrote:
>

>> Sorry, need to rant a bit, There is a new law in Texas that took
>> effect on the 1st of September. Not only do I think this is stupid,
>> but it makes my one and only mod illegal. What is this new law, well
>> let me tell you.. License Plate Frames!
>
> On the up side, now you don't have to worry about dealers putting their
> logo frame on your new vehicle (I just took mine off last weekend). But
> I'm sure they'll find a more annoying way to advertise, such as a nice,
> nearly impossible to remove, sticker on your tailgate.

I have a large dealer sticker right under the "Dodge" on the left side
of my Ram's tailgate.
Its even worse, being that its not a vinal decal but a metal badge. I'm
  going to take it off. As dealer stickers go this one is actually
kinda classy, with a pewter look to it. If it wasnt RIGHT IN YOUR FACE
when you look at the tail gate - I may have left it alone.

Terrible Tom

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota Reg Cab, 238 V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 '89 Silver Dakota Reg Cab, 238 V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 aka "Christine" '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, Reg Cab, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/