Re: New Law in Texas

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 07:34:00 EDT

Valentin Garcia wrote:

> Sorry, need to rant a bit, There is a new law in Texas that took effect
> on the 1st of September. Not only do I think this is stupid, but it
> makes my one and only mod illegal. What is this new law, well let me
> tell you.. License Plate Frames! Basically, your license plate can not
> be obstucted in any way. I got my plate frame at AutoZone, it's chrome
> with the Rams head at the bottom corners. You can clearly read my plate
> numbers, but the frame covers the top part which says "TEXAS" and the
> bottom part which says "THE LONE STAR STATE". According to state law the
> is illegal. No biggie, but I'm losing at least 15 horses at the rear
> wheels ;-)
>
> Maybe I'll finally get a "DMl" decal for my rear window, that should
> more than double my HP loss, as long as it matches the silver trim ;-)
>
> Anyway, here's a link:
>
> http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/90903_local_plates.html

I'm sure that ticketing people for this is far more important than
preventing real crimes. Front plates are required in NY too, but I
didn't get nailed for not havnig mine on when I got pulled over 3 years
ago (though he did write the speeding ticket for more than I was really
going).

On the up side, now you don't have to worry about dealers putting their
logo frame on your new vehicle (I just took mine off last weekend). But
I'm sure they'll find a more annoying way to advertise, such as a nice,
nearly impossible to remove, sticker on your tailgate.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------