Re: Belly Pan Gasket Problem??

From: E Frank Ball (frankb@efball.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 18:32:47 EDT

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 04:13:57PM -0500, Jason Bates wrote:
} >
} > 1) The tube for the EGR from the intake manifold to the exhaust
} > manifold. How do I remove it? The factory manual doesn't say.
}
} Thats a pita, on my 95 it wasn't easy, I found the best way was to unscrew
} it from the back of the manifold with a wrench, push it far enough back to
} remove the intake...

"push back"? It's pretty solid. Unbolt it from the exhaust manifold
first? Is the connection to the manifold like a flare nut (brake line)
fitting?

} > I have the new Mopar metal plenum gasket. Should I coat it with copper
} > Permatex stuff made to go on gaskets or maybe use the form-a-gasket
} > type? I'm thinking the form-a-gasket stuff.
}
} I sprayed mopar gasket stuff on all the belly pans I have done (7 now) and
} have not had one come back yet

Ok, are you using the Mopar metal gasket?

} I don't know where your at but I'm in Lansing, Mi if your close and need
} help...

I'm in Santa Rosa CA. I do have a friend who has rebuilt V8s (Chevys)
that I can call, but thanks.

--

E Frank Ball frankb@efball.com