retrieving codes from a 99...

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 21:31:39 EDT

My check engine light came on after driving pretty hard last night, and it
idles rough. My guess is the bellypan gasket. I haven't done any real
mechanical inspection yet, but just for the heck of it, I wanted to check
the code(s) it threw.

Yes I read the Archive and FAQ and all that.

It tells me to cycle the iginition on/off three times in five seconds and my
odo will display the codes. Nothing, it just reads 75658. If that's the
code, that's creepy because that's exactly how many miles are on my truck.

So the other way it says to do it is hold the trip button in and turn the
key on. So I did that and it did all of the cool lights and gauge dance
stuff, but then it just reads 75658 again.

My Check Engine light is still on, so there HAS to be a code. I guess I
could just go to autozone, but I'd really like to know how to do this
myself.

Brian

'99 CC 5.2L 4x4

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es