Re: : DML'ers of Northeast, Elkton and Newark unite!!!

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 06:11:05 EDT

I'm in Dover, DE and I went to a Mopar cruise night at Stewarts last fall.
I took my sons along (age 6 and 8) as they had a street carnival going on
in Elkton at the same time. I didn't realize when I got there that the
cruise was open to anyone and was free. My Dak was the only one there that
night and the manager of Stewarts is the one who judges the cars, well at
least that night he did. I hadn't seen so many great Mopar muscle cars in
one place in a long time. Hemi Cuda's 440 Chargers, Challengers,
Roadrunners, Darts, Dusters, not to mention old , like 1930 something
Chryslers. One guy had a Prowler and another fella had a Brand new Ram Quad
cab. The food was ok, but the lines to get if were long. If we are going to
do this, anyone attending may want to bring along something to sit on as
there is not a lot of seating available, and the inside of the Stewarts is
rather small. I'm game for that depending on when its going to be held. As
an alternative, since its not that far for Elkton or Northeast MD, may I
suggest the Hooters in New Castle, DE? They have a decent sized parking
lot, plenty of seating, not to mention pretty good food. Also, if we can
get enough DMLer's interested in it, we may be able to get the local radio
station to mention it as they do remotes from Hooters every once on a
while.

Just a suggestion,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE