Re: Dual-remote oil filtration system

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 00:46:09 EDT

Thomas Mize 3rd wrote:
> when it comes down to there Multi-level marketing. that way it saves the
> middle man from making it over priced. it also helps to keep their cost
> down as far as advertising, distribution. that way it alows the dealers
> to do all of it themselves. that way Amsoil can take the money saved and
> to reinvest it into their product to make them better.
>

> enuff said!!!

Hardly. I am still trying to figure out how they "save" money when
everyone makes commission off a single sale. If I make a sale and you
recruited me, and you were recruited by someone else, and he was
recruited by someone else, who started directly with Amsoil HQ, that's 5
people who get a commission check (as I read the explanations of the MLM
used by Amsoil this morning) for that one sale. That money has to come
from somewhere - and that somewhere has to be in the price the customer
pays.

Now really, wouldn't a more simplified, more traditional distribution
method cost much less, resulting in lower costs for the customer? Even
if you lower the profit margin, by putting the price within reach for
more customers, you can achieve a higher profit.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------