Re: Can't disengage 4wd

From: Don Rey (don.rey@uconn.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 01:04:42 EDT

Thanks so much for the help! I have an update of sorts... I drove around a
little more to see if I was really stuck in 4wd or if it was just the light.
I'm definitely not fully in 4wd. I think what David said about the axle
disconnect switch sticking is right. I can feel that its in 2wd when going
around corners. I'm happy to know I'm not doing any harm. One more thing I
noticed is that driving around, the lever moves around and vibrates more
than usual. My assumption after reading the replies is thats because the
axle is still engaged. Anyway, I'll try the quick shift from 2H to 4L to
free up the switch. I'll take a look at the vacuum lines too.

I like my 74 Dart. Three vacuum lines: brakes, gauge, vacuum advance. But
then.... I'm not about to take my Dart through muddy rocky unpaved trails.
8-)

Thanks again,
Don
74 Dart Sport 340