My Next Truck Dilema (kinda long)

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 04:48:54 EDT

Right now i'm in the market to buy another truck, but honestly I dont think
it's going to be another dodge. Don't get me wrong, I like the Dodge
line....but I REFUSE to put up with another Dodge service department. In
the past year, I have been screwed arround so many times by the service
department at the dealer where I bought my truck....it's taken its toll.

I took the truck into the dealer to have the AC fixed. They had to replace
the condenser, and charged me $700. I expected to pay that much so it
didn't bother me. 2 weeks later, nothing but hot air blew out of the damn
sytem. I took the truck back to the dealer, they found a small leak....and
wanted $1300 to fix it. I told them to go f**k themselves. Then they
wanted $300 for diagnostics, I simply walked out and walked home. Later
today they called me back and told me to come get the truck....that they
were waving the diagnostic charge. Theyre still not fixing the leak that
wasn't supposed to be there if they did the job right.

I realize my truck is 5 years old, and theres bound to be some things that
need repair, but I am quickly learning an older vehical is not economical
for me. I am not in any way, shape or form mechanicly enclined.....I'M
DANGEROUS WITH HAND TOOLS!! So besides maintenence stuff, I have to find a
shop to do the repairs. And because everyone arround here is f**king
inbred, finding a good shop is just about impossible. This is why I went to
the dealer to get the AC fixed, and even they are friggin inbred.

I want another dodge, but i'm scared to. Logicly you would just go to
another dealer, but my biggest fear is if i buy from another dealer (which
would be a minimum of 30 miles away) and I have a problem here at home and
have to take it to the dealer in town....they'll screw me more because now
they have a warranty they can void, charge me an insane ammount, and i'll be
walking home agian.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, let me know.

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net