Re: Leveling kits...Ram/Dakota

From: Matthew Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 14:48:09 EDT

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:59:23 -0400 "Craig Rash" <2kdaksport@comcast.net>
writes:

> I am looking at two products that add a couple of inches height to
> the front of the truck.
> Is anyone using either of these?

I used to be running the Rough Country leveling spacers (same as the
Daystars); I think they were supposed to be a 2" lift. They lifted the
front too much, so I wound up putting add-a-leafs in the back. I
personally wouldn't suggest putting these in. Your ride quality is NOT
retained, and it is really rough on the front suspension. Needless to
say, my truck is back to stock 2WD height with new springs all around;
the spacers destroyed to stock coils. I'd suggest going with Jay W's
suggestion of lowering the back. HTH!

Matthew
'92 CC 3.9L 4x2 auto
AR-767 w/Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar 275/60R15

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!