Re: Leveling kits...Ram/Dakota

From: Craig Rash (2kdaksport@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 22:02:33 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Intihar" <challengerman@juno.com>
> I used to be running the Rough Country leveling spacers (same as the
> Daystars); I think they were supposed to be a 2" lift. They lifted the
> front too much, so I wound up putting add-a-leafs in the back. I
> personally wouldn't suggest putting these in. Your ride quality is NOT
> retained, and it is really rough on the front suspension. Needless to
> say, my truck is back to stock 2WD height with new springs all around;
> the spacers destroyed to stock coils. I'd suggest going with Jay W's
> suggestion of lowering the back. HTH!

Thanks for the input Matthew, my purpose is actually not to level the truck
but to raise the whole thing. It looked like the simplest option for the
front was the spacers and either add-a-leafs for the rear like you said...
or what I was thinking was maybe getting different hangers for the leaf
springs. That way it wouldn't be any stiffer just taller. what do you
think??

Craig Rash
Black 2000 Sport CC 4x2
3.9 w/FABM