Re: Re: Toureg (yeah, it's OT)

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 02:35:55 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 01:52 PM, Josh Battles wrote:
>
>> I actually like the murano, but I'd definately have to do something about
>> that silly looking chromw strip along the nose. However, the CVT that
>> they've got in there is supposed to make it quite an interesting ride.
>

> yeah, it's completely different from anything else I've ever driven or
> ridden in. well, maybe aside from my hydrostatic trannied John Deere.
> it's pretty damn quick, too. it just can't tow (3500#) and can't
> offroad (AWD or IIRC FWD)

Think of the Murano as what all the people that buy SUVs for getting
groceries and the high-up image should have purchased. The vehicle is
based on a mutated Altima platform, which is basically what every
car/minivan in the Nissan line-up is now based on, except for the Sentra
and 350Z - although the Z's rear suspension geometry and parts are VERY
similar. Also, since it's based on that platform, I'm assuming it
handles extremely well for its bulk and the height of the center of
gravity - magazine reviews concurr. My dad owns a 2003 Altima 3.5SE, it
is sweet in the corners, and the brakes, oh the brakes... The only
unfortunate thing is that the manual shifters feel like stirring
mollasses, and the auto has the MUSHIEST shifts I've ever felt. It's
actually disconcerting how long it takes to shift at WOT. Neither of
which is an issue w/ the Murano's CVT, fortunately.