Re: JBA header install

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:16:49 EDT

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 10:15 PM, Terrible Tom wrote:

> MMMm headers... (ponders) hmm - headers would compliment my
> muffler-less exhaust pretty well i would think.

depends on your definition of complement =)
Barry won't be the only guy running around with ear plugs hanging off
his rearview. I bet the 'point cops would give you some love for it,
too.

I think I need to find out how much my cat muffles - I know there's
more sound hiding in there somewhere. a nice straight pipe there would
probably kill the rattle I gained against the bottom of the cab, too.

> Congradulations on a successful install Mike :)

thanks.

> Your discovery of mud in the TB is very alarming. However I must
> admit its not that suprising.

yeah, and true enough.

> A quart every 3000 miles? Thats moderate consumption. How much did
> it use (if any) prior to the BBQ?

I've heard that you don't need to start actually worrying until about a
quart every 1000, and I've been steady at adding 1qt at the 2500-3500
mark on a 5000 mile drain interval since around 50-60k. this is *not*
an increase. but it will certainly be a reminder to keep a closer eye
on things for the next few months.

> Watch the oil comsumption carefully... I didnt think I did any damage
> to christines engine last year but the more I drove the worse the
> rings got until it was puffing blue smoke out the exhaust.

oh, that's certainly a good sign ;-) an eye will be kept peeled

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>