Re: Re: Quality Not What It Should be?

From: Sam Perez (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 12:22:38 EDT

I have to agree with the comment regarding Dodge deteriorating quality. My
dad and I had a 86 Ramcharger. That was the best truck took it to the beach
Summer after summer for like 15 years, never any problems except for a
blowout one trip. The reliable 318 was strong and dependable. Replaced the
valve seals around 150 thousand miles and other than that it was oil changes
and baths. I loved that truck. To this day we have a '86 dodge pick up with
the slant 6 damm this runs like a champ and we abuse it. Haul branches,
rocks and basically the work truck. In high school I had a 73 dodge dart
with a slant 6 and it also ran like a champ was great car for me to learn
about cars and mechanics. So I bought a Dodge truck expecting the same
quality :-( I have also considered selling Dakota and buying a different
make. But economics always seems to steer me away.

While I haven't had quite the repair list as Josh I have replaced the front
right hub, which is bad again and needs replacement, I say hell with it I am
not replacing it @ 150 dollars plus 15 for some stupid nut you can only use
once what is that all about. All the ball joints are shot, upper and lowers
on both sides. Shocks need replacement, Driver window, Power windows is
going out and has been since I bought the truck. The manual transmission :-
P ( will never buy a manual again) pops out of first sparactically. The
center console tether strap broke. And not to even begin to mention all the
different rattles and creaks. But one positive note is the motor the 4.7 is
strong and has quite some potential for upgrades. I choose not to upgrade on
such a sketchy chassis.

Sorry guys this is the not Dodge I remember and love.
Welcome the new age ---Daimler Chrysler

Last Dodge for Me!!

Sam P.
San Marcos, Tx