Quality Not What It Should be?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:14:48 EDT

There have been some recent posts detailing problems with Daks and
Durangos that are only a few years old... which I find alarming. Josh's
heater core, fuel economy issues, fuel gauge issues, electrical stuff etc...

the heater cores on my abused 14 year old Gen I trucks have never gone
out... neither have the fuel gauges.. and up until I took Christine for
a swim - the fuel pumps were both original.

It really bothers me to think that problems of that nature would start
happening in trucks only a few years old. It makes me worry about my
new (used) Ram... I haved noticed some quality issues with it already.
Primmarily cosmetic and superficial - but the drivers side door panel
feels flimsy and lose... the drivers side window rattles as it rolls
down.. and the drivers side power door lock switch is a little lose.
Everything functions... but I think quality and craftsmanship has suffered.

Be it related to the take over of Chrysler by Daimler... I dont know.
But I wouldn't be suprised if that had an effect.

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/