'92 Dak 4x4 tranny question

From: Allan.Williams@usdoj.gov
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 10:46:09 EDT

Guys

I have been a lurker for quite a while and have usually
solved all my problems because someone else always
seemed to experiencing something similiar. I have an issue
with my '92 4x4 EC 3.9 210k auto tranny is pouring fluid out
right at the bell housing. I'm thinking its a bad front seal but I
have never seen one leak like this. To make it home (about
5 miles) I had to stop and put in about 6 quarts of ATF
(@2.59 a quart). It only leaks when started so I'm thinking
front seal and not front pump.

Any words of wisdom? Do and don'ts? Might as wells?
thanks,
Allan