Re: Engine Swap Question

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 05:24:56 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2003 8:56:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
moperbob@charter.net writes:

> What would it take to swap a 90 model 3.9 into a 94 Dakota with a Magnum
> 3.9? Will I be able to bolt up the motor, use the transmission from the
> Dakota, use the intake, distributor, etc from the Dakota, does it take
> the same motor mounts, etc, etc, etc.....

First, why? You're going to lose about 50 hp doing that. Tranny will work,
intake and distributor will not. Motor mounts should work. You'll have to
rewire it to get your gauges to work.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'95 Dakota CC 4x2 - under construction
'03 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi Off-Road