Re: Old subject.. Helper Springs..

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 12:31:09 EDT

Aaron
Yes, my reference was to Gen III. I assume the design engineers had in mind
this limitation that includes of course riding qualities but also looks to the
fact of the size of the cargo bed. They chose to design the bed with rather
low sides, the 47.6" width between wheelshouses so you can't lay sheetrock
or plywood flat (and the required additional width had they given it to us
would not interfere with wheel/tire clearance given the existing rear axle) and
the 6.5' interior length having dropped after a year or so of Gen III the "long
bed" (which was still not a full 8' inside. I've also wondered why we do not
get four corner post openings for better mounting of over bed/cab racks. It's
these factors that evidence the engineering of the Gen III to be clearly in
the small/mid size truck mkt however so much of the rest of the vehicle is more
than that. Try to figure this out!

Paul Sahlin