RE: Slipping LSD Friction Modifier?

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 14:00:15 EDT

if you don't have a LSD, you're fine.

Gabe Couriel

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Steve Mills
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 10:44 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Slipping LSD Friction Modifier?

   Ok all this talk about friction modifier in an LSD has got me a little
freaked out.About two months ago I changed the oil in my 92 4x4
differentials.I have the stock 8 1/4 3.5 differentials and according to my
FSM, friction modifier is only needed for the sure grip.Am I doing damage?
Do I need to add this to my oil?If so can I get it at my local auto parts or
the dealer?Appeciate the help. Steve

>From: Rob S <robert_schultz@yahoo.com.remove.this>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net, BARRY OLIVER
><DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us>
>Subject: Re: DML: Slipping LSD
>Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:14:13 -0400
>

>BARRY OLIVER wrote:
>>Wow, I have my Dak @ the dealer (different one) right now, and the
>>mechanic said as bad as my diff was tore up, he was surprised I was abe
>>to drive it to the shop. He said it looked like the dealer last time
>>had sent me out with no fluid at all, and then had added the wrong stuff
>>when I brought it back... UGLY!!!

>>The dealer just did mine a few weeks ago under the extended warranty
>>(at 60,000 miles of my 100,000 mile warranty). They said they've done a
>>couple.
>>One was actually broken and mine was just worn parts....
>>
>When mine went in they asked me if the fluid had ever been changed, and I
>said 'Yes...'
>
>And they asked who. I said 'You guys...'
>
>And they said that they may ahve forgotten the additive. So maybe as a
>riminder everyone should specifically ask if the additive was was added
>whent he fluids changed. Can you tell it's an LSD from the casing?
>
>Rob S

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail
Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es