Re: K&N -- good people, good product.

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 21:09:58 EDT

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:41:36 -0600, Grady Ogburn
<jgo@nospamplease.uswest.net> wrote:

> Folks-
>
> Every once on a while, you end up doing business with a company that just
> does things RIGHT.
>
> Three years ago, I put a K&N Gen2 FIPK on my Dak. About a year ago, I
> started noticing hairline cracks in a few places -- above/around the ring
> that meets the TB surface, and again around the bolt hole. I sealed them
> with low-temp hot glue, just to keep the unfiltered air out. Last
> Sunday, When I decided it was time to clean the filter, I noticed that
> the crack around the bolt hole had become a full-fledged break, almost
> half-way aroung the bolt.
>
> Sunday night, I posted a message to K&N's website (knfilters.com)
> explaining the situation. Monday, I got an email from one of their tech
> support folks, explaining that they'd need to see either pictures of the
> unit installed in my truck, or proof of purchase. I scanned my receipt,
> attached it to an email, and sent it to them.
>
> (Their IT department has a spam-filter that does lexical scans, and it
> triggered on mine, so keep in mind that my email was delayed for a full
> day.)
>
> Today at 3:15pm Mountain Time, Brown showed up with a brand spanking new
> plenum. I know, I know -- it's what the warranty *says* they'll do, but
> it's so gatt-dang surprising and refreshing when you find out they
> weren't lying, and that they were downright ANXIOUS to honor their
> warranty and stand behind their product. Quickly. No muss, no fuss.
>
> Customer for life, folks. K&N Engineering -- _highly_ recommended.

I had a FIPK on my gen2 as well. I didn't have it for very long and the
chrome popped off the top lid in a spiral. I had no idea what was goin' on.
I got in touch with them and they sent me a new lid and requested I return
the old one. It's great when you get that kind of service. Most companies
want to find you for everything.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota