K&N -- good people, good product.

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@nospamplease.uswest.net)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 17:41:36 EDT

Folks-

Every once on a while, you end up doing business with a company
that just does things RIGHT.

Three years ago, I put a K&N Gen2 FIPK on my Dak. About a year
ago, I started noticing hairline cracks in a few places --
above/around the ring that meets the TB surface, and again
around the bolt hole. I sealed them with low-temp hot glue, just
to keep the unfiltered air out. Last Sunday, When I decided it
was time to clean the filter, I noticed that the crack around
the bolt hole had become a full-fledged break, almost half-way
aroung the bolt.

Sunday night, I posted a message to K&N's website
(knfilters.com) explaining the situation. Monday, I got an
email from one of their tech support folks, explaining that
they'd need to see either pictures of the unit installed in my
truck, or proof of purchase. I scanned my receipt, attached it
to an email, and sent it to them.

(Their IT department has a spam-filter that does lexical scans,
and it triggered on mine, so keep in mind that my email was
delayed for a full day.)

Today at 3:15pm Mountain Time, Brown showed up with a brand
spanking new plenum. I know, I know -- it's what the warranty
*says* they'll do, but it's so gatt-dang surprising and
refreshing when you find out they weren't lying, and that they
were downright ANXIOUS to honor their warranty and stand behind
their product. Quickly. No muss, no fuss.

Customer for life, folks. K&N Engineering -- _highly_
recommended.

--
Grady Ogburn (Denver, AIM: JGradyO)
Black '98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l, 5 Speed, 3.55 LSD