Re: Trans Shuddering at 167,000 help please??

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 10:51:26 EDT

Mine shudders, i think it's the trans or torque converter. It only does it
around 45-55 and goes away as soon as i let off the gas or speed up. It
feels like the rear end is twisting up and down making the truck hop, kinda
like axle hop.. I even replaced the Trans mount thinking that was the
problem.
Gary you might be feeling the converter lock up and unlock. At 80 on cruise
in my truck the ac blows out the defrost instead of the vents..
--Hop

>From: "Gary Hedlin" <ghedlin@theramp.net>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Trans Shuddering at 167,000 help please??
>Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:27:02 -0500
>
>Funny thing it wasnt shuddering on the shift points... I had the cruse on,
>set at 80... Its hard to really explain, it kinda surged up in RPM's about
>100 RPM, then went back to the normal 2300rpm's
>
>I'm afraid this puppy is gonna be a big ol' can of worms. ;)
>

>--
>Gary Hedlin
>President
>Hedlin Web Designs
>http://www.hedlin.net

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95.
https://broadband.msn.com