RE: RE: was: K&N -- good people, now picky dealers

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 14:36:00 EDT

That's bascially legal BS. Been there, done that, still wearing the cheesey
t-shirt.

Service dept. will claim you exceeded some secretive parameter or limit, but
they cannot tell you what that is, nor provide any documentation to support
their statement. It's plain and simple stonewalling the customer.

I literally watched a service manager instruct a tech to take my truck and
put it up on a lift so he personally could look at it concerning my beef
over a rear end howl. This was on a lowered '98. Guy lifts it up on your
standard hoist(read wheel hanging), takes a quick fly-by and then walks out
to me to announce that I've altered the pinion angle to beyond acceptable
specs and therefore he was voiding my warranty.

And he measured that pinion angle how? The wheels are hanging. He didn't
measure jack and when I pressed him for the numbers he bascially told me to
take a hike. No relief from the district rep because after meeting with that
clown it became obvious it was a good ole boys club with him and the service
mgr.

Funny how the customer service interaction with Mercedes is so much
different than with DC when they are under the same parent.

Bob