Been a while & an Idea

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 01:36:20 EDT

Wow, I haven't posted or read the DML in some time. Bicycles &
University have gotten the best of me.

I trust everyone's still ok, and happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Still haven't received my swaybars from Quickor, even though I ordered
them on July 29th. Sent another thinly veiled "get off yer ass" e-mail.
  I really hope the bars are worth the wait.

Now, my idea. During "spirited" driving and when climbing hills, I was
thinking it would be good if there was a way to disable the converter
lockup from inside the cab, like the O/D Off button on the dash.
Sometimes it is really hard to modulate the throttle just right to get
the lockup to disengage but still keep the tranny from kicking down to
3rd, which I don't want all the time. Damn I wish I had a manual
transmission. Grrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, I'm going to look at the FSM to see if it's possible to put a
switch somewhere on some circuit, but if anyone has investigated this or
better yet DONE it, I would appreciate your input.