Re: Hi, I'm new

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 00:27:22 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> I found the technical stuff isn't too hard - just approach it
> "modularly" and pay attention to the little stuff. When I got my '99,
> the most I'd ever done to a car was change spark plugs. I've now done
> cap & rotor, air intakes, shocks, throttle bodies, ripped half my dash
> apart and messed with the fan (among a few other things). I approach
> working on my truck the same way I work on my websites and applications
> at work - a piece here, a piece there, and eventually you have something
> put together. Small pieces are easy to handle, and putting 2 small
> pieces together to make a bigger piece is pretty easy.

Thats not the way to do it! Thats the Easy Way!

Do what I do! Dive head first into a project without looking and figure
it all out as you go.. heh thats pretty much how I went from "only
thing I've done is a valve cover gasket that wont stop leaking" - to
having serviced and replaced every major componant on Christine.

This week the transmission comes out and gets rebuilt.

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/