Re: Little run in this morning

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 14:22:24 EDT

I can match that! It was my first day delivering pizza in Tempe, AZ and I
had just bought my first '92 4x4. I was sitting at a stop light and the
pizza was getting cold. a Jeep Cherokee came up behind me at 50+ and
decided to use my truck to stop him instead of his breaks. He hit me so
hard it spun me almost completely 180. I got out (unhurt) and ran over to
see if everone was alright. His airbags had gone off and they got out
shaken but also unhurt. The jeep was toast. You could actually see the
engine block through what was left of the front end, the hood had
accordianed up into the windshield. I slowly turned around to survey the
damage to my own vehicle. Of course it was now facing the other way so I
could only see the front. It sat correctly. Nothing stuck out in any wierd
angles...could it be? I walked around to the back of it and found the
extent of the damage...my bumper had been pushed down about 1/8" and there
was a 4" scratch on my tailgate. Turns out my bumper sat JUST above his,
and I didn't have a hitch. My bumper had gone through all the soft stuff
above his bumper and he just submarined under my truck. Somehow the pizza
survived. I was late delivering that pizza. I got a $1.22 tip.

Brian
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L

>From: Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Little run in this morning
>Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:22:02 -0700
>

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:59:54 -0400, kenallgood@cox.net (Ken Allgood)
>wrote:
>

> >Why is it that when you're running late for work, stuff just piles on, ya
>know..
> >
> >Anyway, driving to work this morning, I'm in some slow moving traffic,
>probably going about 20mph before this light (in a 45 mph zone), which it
>turns yellow about 5 cars in front of me, so I slow down and stop (not a
>hard stop at all).. few seconds later *WHAM*!! Ahhh damnit! So I get
>out, it's this older couple in a suburban, and the guy is already telling
>me he's sorry, was watching traffic and not the light. I check out the
>damage and I lucked out... My hitch saved me. Left it on there cause
>I've been helping people out here on saturdays with my trailer for Isabel
>clean-up. So anyway, he has a very nice dent in his front bumper, no
>damage to my truck that I can tell, hitch took all of the hit.. He was
>probably only going about 5-10mph or so when he hit me. Just enough to
>jerk me forward a little bit. Oh well, guess it gave me a good excuse for
>being late :-) Oh yeah, no injuries, guy was really nice about it.
> >
> >Dodge - 1; Chubby - 0 =D
>
>Glad to hear that you and the truck are okay. Kinda makes me want to
>leave my hitch on as well :-)
>
>-Bill

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan
online from McAfee.