Re: Mopar Performance PCM

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 13:06:35 EDT

I have a '99 5.2L Auto 3:90 lsd and can tell you I DEFINATELY feel a
difference on the freeway. Going 65, lean on it a little to kick it into
3rd and it'll hit 85 without breaking a sweat. Low end and top end aren't
spectacularly different, but mid range is very noticable. As for mpg...I
went from San Diego to San Francisco with the cruise on 68 mph and got 18mpg
the whole way. Now, I have a 4x4 (heavier, less aerodynamic) and 3:90 gears
so your mpg will be better. With the stock PCM I got about 19 on the same
trip, so not much difference.

Throw the APS Precicsion throttle body on there, let the PCM learn for about
300 miles, and you'll like the results. It wont pull like a twinturbo
300zx, but it'll be peppier.

>From: "Bill Leary" <wleary@nc.rr.com>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Mopar Performance PCM
>Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:21:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
>

>Can anyone tell me what the Mopar Performance PCM offers over the std PCM
>in
>my 98 Dak 5.2L 5spd 355 lsd? What would be the biggest difference and at
>what cost (hp vs. gas milage?)
>
>Thanks
>Bill L.

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
patented spam control and more. Get two months FREE!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa