Re: 12's baby!!!

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 14:46:57 EDT

> Nice, consistent times there Dave. Good trap speed too.
>
> I'd look further into why the head gaskets let go so you only change them
> once. ARP studs and Cometic gaskets are not a panacea. There are some pics
> posted on dodgetrucks.org to prove that these are not blow proof as
> suggested.
>
> Too much timing or too little fuel, probably. If you track down which one,
> it'll save you the grief of taking it apart a second time.
>
> 111 mph in a RC says you've got a better ET in there with some more runs.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob, truck was haulin, it was great :)

I think there's a lil too much timing in the B&G, even with the 116 gas. I
asked Dave to pull some timing out on the top end, gonna give him a call and
confirm whether or not he did. Fuel is good, 12.0 across the board.

Yeah, I think with some more practice with the truck, and some traction bars
to stop the wheel hop, I could get her into the low 12's.

-Dave