RE: 12's baby!!!

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 14:37:54 EDT

> In a message dated 10/16/2003 10:38:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> ded74@yahoo.com writes:
>

> > There's also a 12.51@112.34 and a 12.57@110.59 to go with that :) And a
> > slew of 12.6/7/8's, got 11 runs in last night. It was so great, nobody
> > there, awesome weather. I need traction bars tho, hopping all over the
> > place. Now for the bad news, blew the headgaskets on that 12.50 run :(
> > Guess it's a good thing I won a free set of Cometics at the
> Nats, huh? :P
> > Should have her running again by the end of next week.
> Amazingly enough,
> > I'm too happy about my 12.5's to really be upset about the
> headgaskets LOL
> >
> > -Dave
> > '02 FR RC R/T

Nice, consistent times there Dave. Good trap speed too.

I'd look further into why the head gaskets let go so you only change them
once. ARP studs and Cometic gaskets are not a panacea. There are some pics
posted on dodgetrucks.org to prove that these are not blow proof as
suggested.

Too much timing or too little fuel, probably. If you track down which one,
it'll save you the grief of taking it apart a second time.

111 mph in a RC says you've got a better ET in there with some more runs.

Good luck,

Bob