Re: RE: Re: RE: 14 Second V6 Dakota?

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 16:45:17 EDT

Tell me about it!.......this guy came in the store one day and started
with one of the other Parts Sales Managers at the AZ I work at about it
running 14's.

The other PSM came to find me in the office and asked me to take a look at
this Dak (I'd never seen it before)...when he told me he was running 14's
with it and it had a 3.9 5spd.......I almost lost it with laughter!

I asked him "at what track?" and he replied "Quaker City in Salem,
Ohio."........

I told him "if his runs 14's there, mine will go 12's and I know another v6
Dak that will go 11's there or faster!"

(that Dak being either Bernd's or greg's)

John say's "well what will yours RUN?.......I reply "15.40's at 91mph"
and he say's "Theres no way in hell a V6 4wd will go 15.40's let alone 91
mph in the traps.........that's when I pulled my timeslip from my wallet and
layed on the parts counter and said "that run should have been a 15.20, but
my 60' time fell off from my first pass"

I asked him about going up to PGH Raceway the next Thursday night and prove
it runs 14's.........his reply was a perfect cop out.......

"I can't run at PGH Raceway because the track has a slight downhill pitch
and I can't stage properly with a manual tranny!....I roll thru the beams"

I also asked him for a timeslip from the track he ran the 14 at and he said
they were at home......I told him I'd love to see it!

This guy's got so much B.S. he should be from Texas!.....LOL

(sorry about the Texas crack Bernd!)

Oh' I can't wait to sneak up to Salem next Spring and catch him in the
staging lanes some night!

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!