Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: in search of front bumper brackets....

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 18:14:46 EDT

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> Having done some work with bumper brackets on a few GenIIIs
> at various BBQs and Daktoberfests, as I recall they are fairly
> simple pieces; though I'm not sure I'm thinking of the right
> thing since Josh had mentioned 4 brackets, whereas I only
> remember 2.

There are 2 on the truck and another 2 on the back of the bumper itself.
All of them seem to have been tweaked a smidge.

> Anyway, I might regret this considering how busy I usually
> am ;-) but I would be willing to help you to fabricate a new
> set of brackets. It probably wouldn't cost too much; the trick
> would be getting the relationship of the mounting holes and
> nuts exactly the same as the stock pieces. (Which might
> require a non-tweaked bracket to use as a template, depending
> on how tweaked it is...)

I appreciate the offer Jon! However, I did pount them as flat as I could
get them first, I'm hoping that the bumper itself isn't bent. I'm hoping
that the brackets will be cheaper to replace... and I'll go from there. If
it turns out to be the bumper, I might have to replace it with something
cooler looking.

> This may be a moot point anyway since I don't recall if you
> were planning to come to Daktoberfest but thought I would
> mention it as a possibility just in case. You might want to
> check with the dealership first though; if the price isn't
> too bad it might be easier just to buy them. :-)

Nope, no Daktoberfest in my future, sorry. I don't have the fundage.

> I just checked out Tenafly's on-line catalog, and although
> the bumper brackets are listed, there is some problem with
> it which is causing it to not display the price for them.

My local dealer is fabulous, they give me my parts at cost usually... I'll
give them a call this weekend.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L