Re: RE: RE: changed my shocks just now!

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 14:08:24 EDT

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:43:55 -0400, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
wrote:
>> Yeah, I have about 25 years on an old beam type torque wrench, cannot tell
>> you how many Harleys I put together with that one, but my fandango Craftsman
>> torque wrench quit on me the other day too...back it goes...it is a nice one
>> though.
>
>I've had a pair of beam-type TQ wrenches for a couple years but I'm
>really itching to get one of the fancier ones. Not having a ratcheting
>head is a pain.

Don't know if you've seen the recent Craftsman catalog, but they've
got lots of goodies in there. The one that looked particularly fun is
a small socket adapter that connects to a little LCD display that
displays the current torque..has about the same accuracy as most of
their other torque wrenches. And of course the "Digitorque" or
whatever they call it... the digital version of of their click-type
torque wrench.

-Bill