Re: Re: Re: Jeep Liberty or MINI Owners here?

From: Anne Baker (patience@cif.rochester.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 18:17:51 EDT

> "JAMES KNOX" <knox.james@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> : Garry! reconsider! When I flew in the arctic we carried a mini in
> our
> : Douglas DC-4 and loaded -unloaded it in all the Eskimo settlements
> ,DEW Line
> : Sites and forces bases. I could write a book on Mini Adventures of
> speed,
> : handling and women! Mini Cooper S borowed in England & Scotland ,
> narrow
> : roads, stone walls, little sheep on roads and few Pubs!
> : A high speed, sports competitor, real stickshift . I'm talking
> original
> : Mini,
> : Performer!
>

> I haven't seen the remake of the movie with the new minis so I
> can't comment on that one but if anyone has seen the original movie
> "The Italian Job", there is some fine Mini driving in that one!
> (No doubt inspired by Jim's arctic adventures.) ;-)

I haven't seen the old "Italian Job", but the new one is wonderful,
Charlize Theron (in addition to being hot) drives an old MINI very well
and then they all get new ones. Lots of fast tricky driving, it's
wonderful. If it had more space in the back I'd consider getting one as
a daily driver. But it's really too small.

~~Anne

Anne Baker
Dak-by-association Mike's '98 V8 Club Cab 4x4
patience@cif.rochester.edu