RE: Got hit in my new truck too-importance of tow hitches!

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 00:21:41 EDT

My buddy here at work got hit yesterday. Guy in a parking lot swung wide to
miss a kid running out from between two cars, Just missed my buddies truck
but the trailer hitch caught the rear wheel well. This just ripped the guys
lower rear fender right off and pulled out his bumper about 2 feet! Damage
to the hitch, Ball and receiver OK, the hitch assembly was tweaked a little.
He paid $5 for a lifetime warranty on the towing package at U-haul hen he
had installed, it paid off today when they replaced the hitch assembly! Not
a bad deal!

--
Don Mallett