Re: Idling/starting problems

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 01:01:51 EDT

Had this problem with my 98 v6....check the belt tensioner to see if its not
locked up. If that's fine, stop by an AutoZone and have them test the
alternator and battery. Your problem lies there :)

Even if youre under warranty, i'ld still want to pinpoint the problem in
case the service department tries to pull a fast one on ya.

--
Gary Hedlin
President

Gary's Wisdom- #871

-Insanity is doing something over and over agian, expecting different results. "Jayson Woodruff" <woodrufj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3F934AED.2010409@yahoo.com... > > 2000 4.7L manual > > Weird. It start by acting like the battery was going south, struggling > to start. Then after about 5 weak starts, it fired up, but wouldn't > idle. The exaust sounds a little weak at idle, but normal with the > throttle on a little. > > Then I stopped for gas, it struggled a lot to start. And it actually > cut all the power out of my acceries (reset my radio's setting and clock). > > Any thoughts? Probably going to the dealer tomorrow. > > Jay W > 505/287 Dakota >