Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lil red express dak: found, opinions.

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 17:41:04 EDT

""Mike Meyerhoff"" <mike@mypants.org> wrote in message

> Agree'd the exhuast would have to be completely custom. All fabbed up and
> then chromed including the heatshields. Any decals would also have to be
> custom, but I know somebody who would do that for me.
>
> I don't know whats up with that one fender... I've never seen a piece of
> dakota sheetmetal do that, our rustproofing is pretty good. I imagine
> somebody stripped it and didn't do it right.
>
> Due to the decals I couldn't get it back to original condition, so I would
> probably swap a 360 into it. I also had some thought about painting the
> bed to match my 92cc and parking the rest for future restore. But, he
> hasn't called yet either. I may stop by again and bug him.
>
> mm

that's sure a weird lookin fender... i guess that's what happens when rats
eat your brains.

Overall it looks like a very restorable/customisable truck! Personally, if
it was me, I'd go full out custom and make it whatever you want it to be
since it's already been "wrecked..." That's what I did with my stang and
I'm so much happier for it. Plus, if you ever have to sell, you can usually
get a pretty decent amount for something that's done up nice - wether it be
restored or custom.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L