Re: Re: O/T: Turbo questions

From: Mike Meyerhoff (mike@mypants.org)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 20:41:32 EDT

Yep, the turbo will raise the air temp mucho, maybe 150 degrees. So the
cold air setup doesn't have as direct a benifit as it does on a NA car. It
still can help, but it would be better to invest in a better intercooler
setup.

As far as exhaust goes, you want big after the trubo. The drop in exhaust
pressure across the trubo is what creates the force and gas velocity that
spins the trubo. So typical trubo manifolds are smaller than NA and the
exhuast is always larger than NA.

mm