Re: Spark plug info

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 20:35:47 EDT

Agreed, I just went there and they did some good
research. BUT, what is the benefit of shopping for
the best plug you can find if you don't know what
the proper gap should be for your app. this list was
a little light on proper gaps, which is what I have
been looking for since my '95 sport failed badly
on the 29th of Sep. I drive about 280 miles a night
as a courier so I need this thing running right. After
it failed I found that three of the new AP 3924's
that I just got from the local Kragen look like they
haven't fired yet, even after about 1300 miles. that
plus the EGR failed both of the standard tests. the
trouble is I still get about 23.5 mpg at sea level.
I did try .040 instead of .035 for two nights and found no change in mileage
but it did seem to
climb short grades a little better. Does anyone
here wish to yak about this a little?
Biff Byrum
'95 sport, stock
3.9 L ax-15----- Original Message -----