Re: Re: Gen I and II Swaybar Brackets

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 12:28:59 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:

> you should contact energy suspension and tell them the OD of the quickor
> bars you'll be using. I'm sure they'll be willing to send you the part
> numbers of a bushing kit that'll work for ya. the kits usually come with
> the appropriate brackets. also, since i'm sure the quickor bars will be a
> bigger OD than a stock bar for your truck, the stock brackets will probably
> be useless to you.

No, I still need 'em. These brackets just hold the two center bushings
to the truck, inboard of the framerails. Sucks, eh? I"ll try to draw
an ASCII picture here, hopefully it comes through properly...

|-||
|_||_

Does that make any sense? Framerail, then bracket, then dangling below
is the actual bushing with it's mounting hardware and such.

I guess I'll just have to go junkyard diving. I'll see if I can get 'em
from the stealer, if all else fails. I'll take a look at the FSM to see
if it says something about the swaybars between 4x4s and 4x2s.