Re: Gen I and II Swaybar Brackets

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 11:08:40 EDT

"Kyle Vanditmars" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message
news:bn7mie$njc$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Ok, I finally got word from Quickor that my swaybars will be shipped
> near the end of next week. This is, of course, great news, but now I
> have to find the two L-shaped brackets that bolt to the inside of the
> framerails for the front swaybar, since my truck didn't come with a bar,
> and therefore, the brackets.
>
> I'm just wondering if 4x4's came with swaybars, and if so, are the
> brackets the same? If I have to go wrecking yard diving, and I find
> these brackets on a 4x4, I don't want to take 'em home to find that they
> don't work out.
>
> Also, anyone with a Gen I or Gen II (I'm under the impression the
> suspension is the same,) that has these brackets lying around for
> whatever reason, would you be willing to part company with them? E-mail
> me if so.

you should contact energy suspension and tell them the OD of the quickor
bars you'll be using. I'm sure they'll be willing to send you the part
numbers of a bushing kit that'll work for ya. the kits usually come with
the appropriate brackets. also, since i'm sure the quickor bars will be a
bigger OD than a stock bar for your truck, the stock brackets will probably
be useless to you.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L