Clutches (was: SRT-10 Pics)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 11:44:51 EDT

Josh Battles said:

> you should buy him driving lessone because if he hasn't mastered the art
> in
> a year, he has no skills. The last stickshift car I had, the clutch
> lasted me about 80k miles.

I'll second that assessment. I just hit 100k miles on my stock clutch.
(Yep, just hit the big 100k on Tuesday.)

Okay, I do get some occasional shuddering when first moving from a stop.
It only happens on cold, damp mornings, and goes away by the time I get
about 5 miles away from the house. I've noticed this for the past few
years when the weather gets cold, but it doesn't seem to be getting any
worse. I figure I must be getting some condensation or something in
there, although I have no idea if that theory makes any sense.

I keep waiting for it to get really bad so I'll have an excuse to get a
Centerforce, but no luck :-).

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer