Re: bedcover

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 14:25:52 EDT

"Bill Pitz" <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote in message

> Yep, it's a 6.5' bed. That's why when you look in a lot of catalogs
> that sell things like tool boxes, they have "Long Bed," "Short Bed,"
> and "Dodge Short Bed."
>
> I found this, which ought to help:
> http://www.anythingtruck.com/extang_apps.html
>
> For "97-03 Dakota Short Bed (6 1/2 ft.)," the part number you need for
> a Black Max is 2750. If you're looking for convenience and think you
> might haul small-medium sized stuff in your bed, you might want to
> consider the Full-Tilt or the Downey LTD. Having a hinged cover
> really rocks.
>
> I've had the Downey LTD on my truck since June and it's worked out
> pretty well. When I bought it, I had my choices narrowed down to the
> Extang Full-Tilt and the Downey... ended up going with the Downey
> because I could get a better deal on it at the time. Only problem
> I've had with it is that there's a little gap between the cover frame
> and the bed rails at the very back of the truck and between the cover
> frame and the tailgate. I think that has to do with my bedliner more
> than anything else, though. I'll get around to fixing it some day..
>
> -Bill

Thanks for the input Bill! I was looking for something in the sub $200
range, and the black max + extang version of armorall.that I got from
truckexpressions.com for $170 shipped fit the bill just right! :-)

The tilt feature isn't really that important to me, I can just open the gate
or unsnap it if I need to get in there.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L