Re: Factory Service Manual

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 13:31:35 EDT

Pete, would you mind Emailing this to me?

>>> pbatson68@yahoo.com 08/27/03 03:17PM >>>

Ok, I got it yesterday. Had a chance to look it over today. They are
seperate pdf files for the different areas of the Dak. 45 files coming
in at
about 100MB total. There is no protection on them, so you can alter
them at
will. Printing will be no problem.
Looks good so far. Nice and clear. As with most FSM's I've seen before,
they
are lean on pictures and diagrams. <shrug>

Of personal interest to me:
I finally got to see where the temperature probe is at! lol
I don't see where the air comes into the cab from tho. I think it might
be
from behind the blower, but the diagrams don't have a clear pic of it.

They have 5 different transmissions and 2 different transfer cases
listed.
How can you tell which one is actually on your truck?

--
Phil Batson
'00 4x4 CC 4.7L
""VRMan"" <pbatson68@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Well, it will all depend on if they know how to use acrobat. If they
didn't
> put any protection on it, then I'll be able to edit that page out.
> Otherwise, I'll check with Kinko's anyway. They've done stuff like
this
for
> me before. I usually have to explain that I bought the CD and as a
result
of
> that, have permission for 1 hard copy to be printed from the CD. :^)
>
> I have a couple other options I can try also. So, I'll let you all
know
when
> I get the CD.
> I ordered it from Wyckoff-chrysler-parts site. ($79)
>
> --
> Phil Batson
> '00 4x4 CC 4.7L
> http://www.ogzr.org/vrman/vrtruck.jpg
> <raymond.irons@gm.com> wrote in message
> >

> > <snip>I'm ordering the CD version today. I figure I'll take it to
Kinko's
> > and have
> > <them run me off a hard copy and bind it appropriately.
> >
> > Hate to tell you this but you may not be able to get Kinkos to make
you
> > copy of it. On the cover page they write the usual statement, no
one may
> > reproduce, blah blah blah without the express written permission of
DC